(double click on image to make it larger)
2015 New Land Owner Education Program
Is a series of seminars designed to educate new landowners in Blanco, Gillespie, Kendall, & Kerr Counties. Participants in the program will hear from Extension experts in various fields about best management practices they can implement on their own property.
- Friday, March 6th in Fredericksburg – Tax Valuations, Easements, Permits, Grazing & Hunting Leases
- Friday, March 27th in Boerne – Back to the Basic, Home Gardening, Chickens, Natural
- Friday, April 17th in Kerrville – Liveoak Wilt, Turf, Tree & Landscape Maintenance, Rainwater Harvest
- Friday, May 1st (location TBA) – Forage Production, Livestock Species Selection, Grazing Management, Fencing
- Friday, May 15th (location TBA) – Wildlife & Range Management, Brush Control, Plant ID
- Friday, June 5th in Stonewall – Vineyards, Orchards
All programs will be from 1:00pm – 5:00pm
The cost for all six programs is $100/person or $150/couple
Individual sessions are $30.00/person per session
Please register for program by submitting postcard. Call 830-997-3452 for more information.
Welcome to Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service – Gillespie County which has been helping serve the needs of Gillespie County for 70 plus years. We have dedicated staff for the 4-H & Youth Development, Family Consumer Science, Ag & Natural Resources and Horticulture.
Micah Walker is the 4-H and Youth CEA and oversees Gillespie County’s 11 4-H clubs and over 400 4-H members.
Shea Nebgen is the Family and Consumer Science (FCS) Agent who provides programing in areas like nutrition, sewing, diabetes, child safety seats, healthy living,
Brad Roeder is the Ag & Natural Resources (ANR) CEA which encompasses hay production, wildlife management, predator control, farming, lawn care, gardening, pest management, CEU’s, livestock production, water conservation, brush management and economic development.
Jim Kamas is our Horticulture CEA but is on special assignment with the Texas Viticulture & Fruit Lab. Jim can be reached through our office for special needs related to fruit tree management.