4-H Scholarship Opportunities
Gillespie County EEA Scholarship
The Gillespie County EEA Scholarship will be due by February 1, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Shea at the Extension Office.
District EEA Scholarship
Deadline: February 1, 2017 to Shea at Extension Office
4-H high school seniors are encouraged to also apply for the District EEA Scholarship. Application, 4-H Recordbook from previous year, official high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores, and two letters of recommendation are required.
GILLESPIE 4-H ADULT LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: January 17th, 2017
Gillespie County 4-H seniors can apply for this scholarship by submitting an application for the Texas 4-H Foundation scholarship along with the requirements listed on the Gillespie County 4-H Scholarship Application cover sheet.
Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship
Gillespie County Deadline: January 17th, 2017
The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program and the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation is once again pleased to offer to our senior high school 4-H members and current college students the opportunity to apply for an Opportunity Scholarship through the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation. This year Texas 4-H members can apply for scholarships in three areas, baccalaureate, courageous heart, and technical. Former Texas 4-H members will be able to apply for scholarships through the collegiate scholarship program. Applications and other additional information can be downloaded from the Texas 4-H website at: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/scholarships/
Changes for the 2017 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Process
- Scores from the Old (Jan 2016 or Before) and the New (Mar 2016 or After) of the SAT test will be accepted, as well as ACT scores.
- Any youth receiving a Terry Scholarship are NOT eligible to receive a Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship.
- Scholarship Interviews will be conducted in College Station in May, 2017.
Due to a continued increase in incomplete and/or incorrect completion of the scholarship applications from applicants, any incomplete or incorrect application submitted will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the 4-H member and parent/guardian to ensure all information is correct and complete prior to submitting. Absolutely no follow up or updates will be allowed once submitted.
Due dates and deadlines for 2017 Scholarship process are as follows:
- October, 2017 Release of 2017 Application
- November – January Scholarship Trainings
- October Applicant can start completing FAFSA and receive report
- January 17th Application due to County Office
- February 3, 2017 Applications due to District Office
- February 17, 2017 Applications due to State 4-H Office
- April 14, 2017 Interview selection notification
- May 5-7, 2017 Interviews in College Station, Texas
- June 6, 7, &/or 8, 2017 Awards Assemblies/Banquets (College Station, TX)