Texas State Rifle Association Scholarships
- Deadline: June 5, 2017
- Applicants must be members of the Texas State Rifle Association
DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY SHEEP & GOAT RAISERS ASSOCIATION AUXILIARY
SAN ANGELO STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application deadline: April 1, 2017
- Application: http://www.sanangelorodeo.com/p/get-involved/scholarship
- Eligibility requirements and application are available on the San Angelo Stock Show website.
2017 Daisy 4-H Scholarship
- Deadline: April 1, 2017
- The application and instructions can be found by visiting the National 4H Shooting Sports website: http://www.4-hshootingsports.org/state_contacts.php. Our state contact is
Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences/
4-H and Youth Development Programs
4180 State Highway 6
College Station, TX 77845
Grow Texas Scholarship Program
- Deadline is April 1st for scholarship submission
- Value: $1,000 to
WEST TEXAS REHAB – DON RICHBURG MEMORIAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: April 1, 2017
TEXAS DOVE HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
- Deadline: April 3, 2017
- Requirement: Applicant must be graduating from a Texas high school this spring and pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning (Junior College, Tech School or 4 Year University) Applicant must be a hunting enthusiast and support the preservation of hunting and must submit a copy of proof of completion of a hunter safety course or their current Texas hunting license Must include one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, employer, community leader or clergy (may not be a relative) Please do not send more than one letter of recommendation. Applicant must provide an OFFICIAL sealed transcript to prove enrollment in a Texas school.
JASON KRUEGER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: April 10, 2017
- Requirements: Must be an active 4-H or FFA member, must be a SENIOR in High School, and must have exhibited a steer in Texas Steer Shows.
- Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship Guidelines (Word)
- Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship Application (Word)
TNLA Education & Research Foundation
- Deadline is May 1st for scholarship submission
- Value: $1,000
SRM’s Masonic Range Science Scholarship
- Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
- The Society for Range Management (SRM) Masonic-Range Science Scholarshipoffers financial assistance and recognition to a high school senior, college freshman or college sophomore planning to major in/presently majoring in range science and/or closely related field. The recipient of the scholarship must be planning to attend or be currently in attendance at a college or university with a range science program.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a member of the Society for Range Management (SRM), the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD), or the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS). The SRM Masonic Range Science Scholarship Committee will select the recipient(s) and announce their selection at the SRM Annual Meeting held in February each year.
- Scholarship is open to high school seniors, college freshman and/or sophomores
HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Deadline to apply is February 6, 2017
- Applications and scholarship guidelines can be found by going to this link: https://admin.rodeohouston.com/Scholarships/ApplyforScholarships.aspx
STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
Applications for the 2017 State Fair of Texas Livestock scholarships are now online! Scholarships are awarded to graduating Texas high school seniors who are enrolling in an agricultural-related or agricultural-benefiting natural science curriculum at a Texas college or university and who have competed in competitive youth livestock events held at the State Fair of Texas. Applications can be completed online at https://bigtex.academicworks.com/ , applications are due February 15, 2017.
SINGLES IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: February 28, 2017
CTEC RURAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Texas Agricultural Irrigation Association Scholarship
- Deadline: March 1, 2017
KERRVILLE STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIP
- March 1, 2017
- High School Graduate, Ag Mechanics, and Collegiate Scholarships available. See website for requirements and application. http://www.hcdjls.org/.
TEXAS NURSERY & LANDSCAPE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: March 1, 2017
Texas Farm Bureau scholarships
- Our local Gillespie County Farm Bureau Office will also take scholarship applications. Texas Farm Bureau offers the S.M. True Jr. Agricultural Scholar Award, Dick Mitchell Memorial Scholarship, YF&R Scholarship, YF&R Scholarship for Enrolled CollegeStudents, and District Scholarships. For application forms and requirements visit http://www.texasfarmbureau.org/newsmanager/templates/Youth.aspx?articleid=594&zone=11.
CAPITAL FARM CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline to apply: March 3, 2017
Ten $1,000 one-time scholarships to be awarded to students pursuing a degree in an agricultural or natural resources related field of study from any of the following counties: Blanco, Burnet, Coleman, Gillespie, Kimble, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Menard, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba. Application can be found on our website http://gillespie.agrilife.org > 4-H > Scholarships > Local Area Scholarships.