Texas Farm Credit is passionate about supporting our youth and their communities! To fuel that passion, we offer two programs that recognize high school seniors who excel in the classroom and in their FFA chapters and 4-H clubs.
Guess what else? The FFA or 4H club in which each Marsha Martin Scholarship recipient is a member of will receive a $500 club contribution!
But wait, it gets EVEN BETTER: We have one, convenient application for both programs. To learn more, apply online or download the full details and application to submit manually, click here: https://loom.ly/nUPRgn8
Sandhills Stock Show and Rodeo Scholarships
- Stock Show and Rodeo Scholarship – Deadline is December 1st
TAMU SOIL AND CROP SCHOLARSHIPS
Deadline to apply is January 1st
The Department of Soil & Crop Sciences at Texas A&M University offers two majors: Plant & Environmental Soil Science and Turfgrass Science. “We are the department that feeds and clothes the world. Students with interest in plants, soil, water, and the environment have the opportunity to earn a degree with many career choices.” The department is offering $16,000 to students wanting to earn a degree in either Plant & Environmental Soil Science or Turfgrass Science. The deadline to apply is January 1.
Grow Texas Scholarship Program
- November 15th, 2019
STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
- Applications are due February 1st
SAN ANGELO STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application deadline: April 1, 2020
- Application: https://www.sanangelorodeo.com/p/about/scholarship
- Eligibility requirements and application are available on the San Angelo Stock Show website.
SINGLES IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: April 1, 2020
At this time the organization is offering two (2) $250 scholarships.
The Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship
- Deadline: April 10th, 2020
- 2020 Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship Application
- 2020 Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship General Information Form
2019 Daisy 4-H Scholarship
- Deadline: April 30th?
- The application and instructions can be found by visiting the National 4H Shooting Sports website: http://w3.4-hshootingsports.org/index.php
- Our state contact is:
- Larry Perez – Program Coordinator for Texas 4H Shooting Sports
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension
- 1470 William D. Fitch Pkwy
- College Station, TX 77845
TEXAS DOVE HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
- Deadline: TBA (in 2019 it was April 2nd)
- Requirement: Applicant must be graduating from a Texas high school this spring and pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning (Junior College, Tech School or 4 Year University) Applicant must be a hunting enthusiast and support the preservation of hunting and must submit a copy of proof of completion of a hunter safety course or their current Texas hunting license Must include one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, employer, community leader or clergy (may not be a relative) Please do not send more than one letter of recommendation. Applicant must provide an OFFICIAL sealed transcript to prove enrollment in a Texas school.
TAMU SOIL & CROP SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 1st
- The Soil & Crop Sciences Department at Texas A&M University has a great opportunity for students wanting to major in Plant & Environmental Soil Science and Turfgrass Science.
- The department is awarding $16,000 scholarships to incoming freshmen and $8000 scholarships to transfer students. Please see the attached pdf for information about the scholarships and the application process. You can also find the information at this link:
- TAMU Soil Crop Sciences Scholarship Flyer
- TAMU Soil Crop Sciences Degree Program Flyer
HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Deadline to apply is February 3, 2020
- Applications and scholarship guidelines can be found by going to this link: https://www.rodeohouston.com/Educational-Support/Scholarships/Apply
- Some of the scholarship opportunities are: Technical, Area Go Texas, Exhibitor, Hildebrand, Metropolitan, Opportunity, School Art, 4-H, FFA, Achievement, and Military.
Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country
- Deadline for their application is February 11th, 2020 by 12:00pm
- They also have a listing for specific scholarships available to Fredericksburg High School, Heritage High School, and Harper High School students.
KERRVILLE STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIP – HILL COUNTRY DISTRICT JUNIOR LIVESTOCK SHOW
- Deadline: postmarked by March 1, 2020
- High School Graduates, Ag Mechanics, and Collegiate Scholarships available. See website for requirements and application.
Society for Range Management – Masonic Range Science Scholarship
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
The Society for Range Management (SRM) Masonic-Range Science Scholarship offers financial assistance and recognition to a high school senior, college freshman or college sophomore planning to major in/presently majoring in range science and/or closely related field. The recipient of the scholarship must be planning to attend or be currently in attendance at a college or university with a range science program. https://rangelands.org/students/masonic-scholarship/
Texas Agricultural Irrigation Association Scholarship
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
Texas Farm Bureau Scholarships
- Deadline: March 2, 2020
- Visit this website http://texasfarmbureau.org/youth/youth-opportunities/ for more information and to access the online applications. Texas Farm Bureau offers the Dick Mitchell Memorial, Young Farmer & Rancher Scholarships, and District Scholarships.
DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: March 31, 2020