Wildlife / Outdoor Project
See http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/wildlife-fisheries/ for full information about resources and contest opportunities. To view contest opportunities, you have to click on the word “Contests”.
Project Focuses on learning about wildlife habitat management, wildlife biology and ecology, hunting and fishing, and wildlife watching
- Wildlife Contests
- WHEP (Wildlife Habitat Education Program) Contests
- Hunting Project
Gillespie County Wildlife Project Sign Ups Going On Now
- Project Meetings: September 19th, September 26th, October 3rd, and October 10th
- Time: 6:00pm—7:15pm
- Cost: $5.00/ member (cash or check only)
- Where: Meeting locations will be announced to those who sign up, most meetings will take place outdoors.
- Who: 4H members in grades 3-12
- Note: A parent will be required at all project meetings
What: Explore your natural surroundings through observation and identification. Develop hunting and outdoor skills. Sample the work of wildlife scientists. Learn about wildlife through the antics of Hank the Cowdog. Contest opportunities with this project include wildlife contests at the State Fair and various stock shows, as well as 4-H Wildlife Challenge and Wildlife Habitat (WHEP) contests.
Sign up by coming by the Extension Office to pay the $5 project fee. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.