STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
Applications for the 2017 State Fair of Texas Livestock scholarships are now online! Scholarships are awarded to graduating Texas high school seniors who are enrolling in an agricultural-related or agricultural-benefiting natural science curriculum at a Texas college or university and who have competed in competitive youth livestock events held at the State Fair of Texas. Applications can be completed online at https://bigtex.academicworks.com/ , applications are due February 15, 2017.
SINGLES IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: February 28, 2017
CTEC RURAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Texas Agricultural Irrigation Association Scholarship
- Deadline: March 1, 2017
KERRVILLE STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIP
- March 1, 2017
- High School Graduate, Ag Mechanics, and Collegiate Scholarships available. See website for requirements and application. http://www.hcdjls.org/.
TEXAS NURSERY & LANDSCAPE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: March 1, 2017
Texas Farm Bureau scholarships
- Our local Gillespie County Farm Bureau Office will also take scholarship applications. Texas Farm Bureau offers the S.M. True Jr. Agricultural Scholar Award, Dick Mitchell Memorial Scholarship, YF&R Scholarship, YF&R Scholarship for Enrolled CollegeStudents, and District Scholarships. For application forms and requirements visit http://www.texasfarmbureau.org/newsmanager/templates/Youth.aspx?articleid=594&zone=11.
CAPITAL FARM CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline to apply: March 4, 2016
Ten $1,000 one-time scholarships to be awarded to students pursuing a degree in an agricultural or natural resources related field of study from any of the following counties: Blanco, Burnet, Coleman, Gillespie, Kimble, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Menard, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba. Application can be found on our website http://gillespie.agrilife.org > 4-H > Scholarships > Local Area Scholarships.
DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY SHEEP & GOAT RAISERS ASSOCIATION AUXILIARY
SAN ANGELO STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application deadline: April 1, 2017
- Application: http://www.sanangelorodeo.com/p/get-involved/scholarship
- Eligibility requirements and application are available on the San Angelo Stock Show website.
2017 Daisy 4-H Scholarship
- Deadline: April 1, 2017
- The application and instructions can be found by visiting the National 4H Shooting Sports website: http://www.4-hshootingsports.org/state_contacts.php. Our state contact is
Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences/
4-H and Youth Development Programs
4180 State Highway 6
College Station, TX 77845
Grow Texas Scholarship Program
- Deadline is April 1st for scholarship submission
- Value: $1,000 to
WEST TEXAS REHAB – DON RICHBURG MEMORIAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: April 1, 2017
TNLA Education & Research Foundation
- Deadline is May 1st for scholarship submission
- Value: $1,000
JASON KRUEGER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: May 10, 2016? – check back for 2016 information; it had not been released yet
Requirements: Must be an active 4-H or FFA member, must be a SENIOR in High School, and must have exhibited a steer in Texas Steer Shows. For Application to be considered, the following must be submitted: Completed General Information sheet, resume or Student Biography (note high school achievements, honors, awards, activities, extra-curricular, community service, and 4-H/FFA involvements), an essay from the applicant telling about him/herself which includes wishes, dreams, ambitions, and future educational goals. Not to exceed 300 words, and two letters of recommendation (not from a family member).
Mail completed application and if awarded, final requested documents to:
Leroy & Kathy Krueger
2195 West County Road 326
Jourdanton, Tx 78026
SRM’s Masonic Range Science Scholarship
- Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
- The Society for Range Management (SRM) Masonic-Range Science Scholarshipoffers financial assistance and recognition to a high school senior, college freshman or college sophomore planning to major in/presently majoring in range science and/or closely related field. The recipient of the scholarship must be planning to attend or be currently in attendance at a college or university with a range science program.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a member of the Society for Range Management (SRM), the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD), or the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS). The SRM Masonic Range Science Scholarship Committee will select the recipient(s) and announce their selection at the SRM Annual Meeting held in February each year.
- Scholarship is open to high school seniors, college freshman and/or sophomores
HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
- Deadline to apply is February 6, 2017
- Applications and scholarship guidelines can be found by going to this link: https://admin.rodeohouston.com/Scholarships/ApplyforScholarships.aspx