Pesticide Private Applicator Training

Gillespie County Extension Office typically offers the Pesticide Private Applicator Training course in June and December of each year.  The next course offering is:  TBA


Online CEU Opportunities

There is a list of approved courses on the Texas Department of Agriculture’s website  Under the course title it will tell you what CEU category the course is on (General, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), or Laws & Regulations and how many hours you will receive from completing the course.

Another website where CEU hours are available is  This website has topic specific CEU credits.  Please note that not all courses offer credits; only the ones that list directly below the title give credits.

Licensed private applicators are required to recertify every five years by obtaining 15 continuing education credits, including two (2) credits in laws and regulations and two credits in integrated pest management (IPM), prior to expiration of the license.

If you need your private applicator’s license, you can get your training done online at  Once you complete the online course, you will need to travel to a testing center to take the test.




General Information on the TDA Private Pesticide Applicator License

If you have misplaced your renewal notice you can contact TDA and ask them to resend another invoice by calling (877) 542-2474. Your license will expire on the 5 year anniversary of when you received your license. During the 5 years you must get 15 hours of continuing education units of which 2 hours must be in laws and regulations and 2 hours in integrated pest management. The remaining 11 hours can be in general or any category including IPM or L&R.

You must maintain the CEU certificates on file for one year following renewal of your license, in case of an audit by TDA. License renewal fees increase after 90 days and 120 days following renewal. 2015 renewal fees are (0-90days – $60, 90-120 days $90, 120-365 days – $120). If your license is expired for over one year you must contact TDA to get renewed.

If you would like to know of CEU opportunities outside of your county, you may contact the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension offices in neighboring counties or go to the TDA website at: . Individuals may receive up to 10 hours of CEU’s online.


Record Keeping Requirements

Private Pesticide Applicator Recordkeeping Requirements (pdf)


Record Keeping Forms

Pesticide Applicator Record Form (pdf)


Acreage Calculator



Comments are closed.