Child Safety Seats
The Gillespie County Extension Office offers free child safety seat inspections. Please call or come by our office to set up an appointment with a county agent for a car seat inspection. If at all possible, the child must be present at the appointment to ensure that the seat is fitted and installed correctly.
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Child Passenger Safety Information
- New Booster Seat Law Clarified
- Child Safety Seat Recall List
COVID has changed how Agents can inspect your child’s car seat.
Would Your Child‘s Car Seat Pass Inspection? – September 20-26 is National Child Passenger Safety Week
Child Care Courses
The Texas A&M Agrilife Extension offers many online child care courses. You can access their website by clicking here.
- A Glance at Child Growth and Development (pdf)
- Facts about Raising Children (pdf)
- Ways to Help Children Learn (pdf)
- Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Zero To Three Organization
- Setting a Budget (pdf)
- Managing a Family Budget (pdf)
- The Value of Paying Creditors (pdf)
- The Importance of Saving Money (pdf)
- Preparing for the Unexpected (pdf)
*NOTE: Publications from the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service are copyrighted. You may download it for your personal, noncommercial use only. Any other use (including but not limited to any commercial use, making multiple copies, displaying publicly, placing on a web page, or redistributing) requires express written permission from the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. By downloading this document, you agree to all of the above. To request written permission, please contact:
Holly Jarvis, Ph.D.
College Station, TX 77843-2112