4-H horse validation is now open on 4-H Online. Horse validation will be open from March 1st through May 1st and the cost will again be $10 per horse through April 15th and $20 per horse from April 16th through May 1st. The updated 4-H connect will only be accepting credit cards for payment.
A few reminders:
- Each validation must include front view, right side view, and left side view images. The entire horse should be included in the photo and marking should be clearly visible.
- If the horse is registered, a copy of the registration papers must be uploaded. These papers must list the 4-Her, parent, sibling, grandparent or legal guardian as the current owner. If the ownership is in the process of being transferred, please list “pending” in the registration number area. Once the updated registration papers have been received please send a copy to me and I can add it to the validation.
- Uploads must be images, pdfs are not an accepted file type.
- Families should validate each horse once. Once the horse is validated any sibling within that family is eligible to show the horse at district and/or state 4-H horse show.
- Youth validating a futurity horse must be at least 4-H age 12 (as of Sept. 1, 2020) and in at least the 6th grade.
District and State Horse Show Competitions
June 17-18, 2020 in Dripping Springs
The District Horse Show is open to any 4-H member who has validated their horse by the deadline established during that year. The District Horse Show includes all qualifying events. In order for a 4-H member to advance to State in a division, the 4-H member must compete in at least one class in that division at the District Horse Show. There are no open classes offered at the District 10 4-H Horse Show.
County, District, and state horse shows showcase member’s skills in horsemanship, horse training and horse management. The Texas 4-H Horse Show includes both Qualifying and Open Divisions. 4-H members, ages 3rd-12th grade, qualifying through district shows, are eligible for the qualifying show. Divisions in the Open Show include roping, stock horse, hunter over fences and drill and precision teams. Futurities are offered to 4-H members 12 years old or older as of September 1 of the 4-H year who nominate and validate yearlings, 2-year-olds and 3-year-olds by May 1st of the current year. Participants must be enrolled in the 4-H horse project. The show is held the last week of July at a site determined by the Texas 4-H Horse Committee. (description obtained from 2012-2013 Texas 4-H Clover)
Texas A&M University Animal Science webpage – has information about state horse shows
State 4-H Horse Show
July 19-25, 2020 at the Brazos County Expo Center in Bryan, Texas