Hill Country Cattlewomen Scholarship Opportunity
- Deadline: June 7, 2017
- Available to students persuing trade/vocational schools and prospective and current college students
- For details, visit http://www.hillcountrycattlewomen.com/scholarships/
STONEWALL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC.., PEACH JAMBOREE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: ? Contact Stonewall Chamber of Commerce for 2017 Deadline
- This scholarship is awarded in addition to those awarded to the Peach Queen and Duchesses. Applications are available from high school counselors, by phone to 830-644-2735, or by visiting http://stonewalltexas.com.
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY DORPER ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS
GILLESPIE 4-H ADULT LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: January 17th, 2017
- Gillespie County 4-H seniors can apply for this scholarship by submitting an application for the Texas 4-H Foundation scholarship along with the requirements listed on the Gillespie County 4-H Scholarship Application cover sheet.
- Gillespie 4H Adult Leaders Scholarship Application Cover Sheet (pdf)
- Gillespie 4H Adult Leaders Scholarship Application Cover Sheet (Word)
Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship
Gillespie County Deadline: January 17th, 2017
The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program and the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation is once again pleased to offer to our senior high school 4-H members and current college students the opportunity to apply for an Opportunity Scholarship through the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation. This year Texas 4-H members can apply for scholarships in three areas, baccalaureate, courageous heart, and technical. Former Texas 4-H members will be able to apply for scholarships through the collegiate scholarship program. Applications and other additional information can be downloaded from the Texas 4-H website at: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/scholarships/
Changes for the 2017 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Process
- Scores from the Old (Jan 2016 or Before) and the New (Mar 2016 or After) of the SAT test will be accepted, as well as ACT scores.
- Any youth receiving a Terry Scholarship are NOT eligible to receive a Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship.
- Scholarship Interviews will be conducted in College Station in May, 2017.
Due to a continued increase in incomplete and/or incorrect completion of the scholarship applications from applicants, any incomplete or incorrect application submitted will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the 4-H member and parent/guardian to ensure all information is correct and complete prior to submitting. Absolutely no follow up or updates will be allowed once submitted.
Due dates and deadlines for 2017 Scholarship process are as follows:
- October, 2017 Release of 2017 Application
- November – January Scholarship Trainings
- October Applicant can start completing FAFSA and receive report
- January 17th Application due to County Office
- February 3, 2017 Applications due to District Office
- February 17, 2017 Applications due to State 4-H Office
- April 14, 2017 Interview selection notification
- May 5-7, 2017 Interviews in College Station, Texas
- June 6, 7, &/or 8, 2017 Awards Assemblies/Banquets (College Station, TX)
The Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country
Deadline: January 25, 2017
Has listings for scholarships for Fredericksburg High School, Our Lady of the Hills Regional High School, Harper High School, and Heritage.
Gillespie County Youth Livestock Show Scholarship
Deadline: December 1, 2016
2016-2017 Gillespie County Youth Livestock Show Scholarship Application Deadline is December 1, 2016. Please bring completed applications to Taylor Osbourn at the Extension Office or your FFA Instructor.
Gillespie County EEA Scholarship
- The Gillespie County EEA Scholarship will be due by February 1, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Shea at the Extension Office.
District EEA Scholarship
- Deadline: February 1, 2017 to Shea at Extension Office
- 4-H high school seniors are encouraged to also apply for the District EEA Scholarship. Application, 4-H Recordbook from previous year, official high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores, and two letters of recommendation are required.
- 2017 District EEA Scholarship Application (pdf)
Texas Farm Bureau Scholarships
Visit our local office for information and scholarship applications. Our local Gillespie County Farm Bureau Office will also take scholarship applications. See website for scholarship opportunities. Texas Farm Bureau offers the Dick Mitchell Memorial Scholarship, YF&R Scholarship, and the Memorial Honorary and District Scholarships. http://www.texasfarmbureau.org/newsmanager/templates/Youth.aspx?articleid=594&zone=11.
2017 CTEC RURAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Deadline is February 24, 2017
KERRVILLE STOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: postmarked by March 1, 2017
- High School Graduate, Ag Mechanics, and Collegiate Scholarships available. See website for requirements and application. www.hcdjls.org
Gillespie County A&M Club Scholarship
- Deadline: March 1, 2017
- The local A&M Club offers scholarships to students who will attend Texas A&M University. See your school counselor for the application or click on the link below. Scholarships will be awarded following the 2017 Muster Ceremonies on April 21, 2017.
- 2017 Gillespie County A&M Club Scholarship (fillable pdf)
- 2017 Gillespie County A&M Club Scholarship (Word)
2017 CAPITAL FARM CREDIT HILL COUNTRY REGIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline is March 3, 2017. Applications can be found at local Capital Farm Credit offices. Ten $1,000 one-time scholarships will be awarded this year to students from any of the following counties: Blanco, Burnet, Coleman, Gillespie, Kimble, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Menard, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba. Scholarships will be awarded using eligibility requirements listed below.
Scholarships awarded using eligibility requirements listed below:
1. Funds used to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, college or university full time.
2. Applicants must be upcoming high school graduates, within school year applied.
3. Applicant must demonstrate that they have a tentative educational plan and goals, related to fields in
a. Agriculture or natural resources (may include ag communications, ag economics/business, ag education, ecosystem science & management, animal science, viticulture, etc.)
b. Technical vocation supporting agriculture and rural communities and industries
4. Applicants must include the following documents for consideration. (Please send all documents together)
a. Completed application** b. Current High School Transcript
c. 1-2 letters of recommendation e. Essay on topic given in application
5. Applications and all supporting evidence must be received by March 3, 2017.
a. No late submissions will be accepted.
b. The guidance counselor of each scholarship winner will be notified.